Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween - Taking Time Out

I had the best Halloween ever. Ok not really EVER, but it was good and what I needed.


I really had planned for weeks or months or maybe even a year, on going downtown and bar hopping. Austin on Halloween is the best time to go bar hopping and people watching. Halloween is HUGE here.


But as it turned out, I had no one to go with and chickened out of being the "lame" person asking everyone to come hang with her. (Yes sometimes I have serious self-perception social issues.) So Halloween came, and I had no definite plans.


I did have a ton of different parties to go to, held by various groups I was in or by people that I barely knew.


But it was also cold. My fingers were ice, my nose was ice, and I just did not feel like going outside. It just did not feel worth it.


So I stayed home with my poochie, sat in front of my space heater, and watched tv and movies all night... til like 3am. Then I went to bed.


Now while this may not be 'Les Excitemont' to you, it was however warm, snuggly, and peaceful for me.


PS.. Music Within - surprisingly good movie. Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. OMG, that sounds like exactly what I did! I didn't have the money to go out really so I settled in with a bottle, ah er, glass of wine and watched all the good old Halloween movies. And you know what? I had a damn good time! Gotta love Night of the Living Dead, some Vincent Price and Halloween!

    ReplyDelete