Friday, April 30, 2010

Just A Good Long Cry

I'd been getting worried about myself the last week or month really. I began wondering if I was turning into some kind of sociopath or something as I couldn't seem to access my emotions.  I wanted to cry sometimes but couldn't. Things that should have had me rolling on the floor would merely make me smile or just not phase me at all.

I'd been thinking about the ex often. Not in a romantic way, but more so in an angry wishing him harm kind of way. I found myself containing volumes of anger and bitterness, and I didn't like it one bit but also felt powerless to do anything about it.

To be honest what really scared me the most was that night with Hock. He'd be sweet and thoughtful.. giving actually.. and instead of triggering the same in me, I found myself getting angry. It was sweet stuff that threatened to melt my heart, and I resisted it. I didn't want to feel anything, and I found myself angry at Hock for making me even try to feel anything.

All this last week, the slightest kind thing on TV or clip forwarded to me from Youtube, and I'd get choked up.

Then last night's Glee. The dam burst and I cried like a baby through the entire show. At first, it was the small little touching moments of the show that got my tears flowing, but somewhere in the middle I just broke down and cried, a hard uncontrollable sob-fest.

I think its the first real big cry I've had since we'd started the whole divorce process (well once I knew it was really divorce), let alone the first big cry since the divorce.

All that anger, resentment, stress, fear, etc... finally bubbled back to the surface and let itself out.

After the show was over, I cried a little more then dried my tears. I felt better. I felt human.

It really was a good long cry, and something I truly needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment