Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Medium

There's something about finding a happy medium between desperation and apathy that is the true trick to attracting the opposite sex.


It seems the old adage of "Seek and you will find" is much less the truth than "You'll find it as soon as you stop looking for it."


When I first found myself hurtling toward single-life, I was desperate. I reeked of it. If a man even looked my way, I was in love. If he said nice words, I was his slave for life.


Fortunately for me, no men took me up on this. :)


Now that I'm less inclined to date, and could really care less about even finding someone. (Seriously sometimes men are more hassle than their worth.) Men seem to be crawling out of the woodwork.


Yet, if I seem anti-dating, or angry about men.. they disappear completely.


There is this happy medium between desperation and apathy that is attractive. Sweet yet sassy. Friendly yet unattainable.


I assume its close to the female's draw towards Bad boys.. the gooey soft center thats a challenge to get to. You can see it, but its going to take a little work.


Maintaining this balance is hard to do, but maybe if I keep it up I can have my own "harem" of men to do my bidding. :) That'd be a nice change of pace for a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment