Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Hottest Guy Comes With Wheels

Hot Wheels 10 Car Pack (Styles May Vary)So the other night, I go to this networking meeting. Pierce was supposed to be there, but thats not entirely why I went. I do have my own life outside of the urge to stalk him.



Plus the fact that he didn't reply to my DM the other day.. he's a little bit in the doghouse. Honestly, I'd completely write him off if he wasn't so damn attentive last I saw him... and well if he wasn't so damn cute.


So anyway, I go. Pierce is not there. But I honestly only notice his abscense for about the first 5 minutes.


I enter and behind me in the entrance line is my old director and her beau. This is a networking thing for the geeky. I was a little shocked that she was there and that she'd heard about it. Weird.


Anyway, we get closer to the front of the line... there's a couple in front of me.. when a loud voice from the table says "Hey Maruska! I got ya, just fill out a nametag."


It's my favorite hot happily-married man. So I grin at him.


"Whaaa? you know who I am?" I say jokingly while I fill out my nametag.


Well a few minutes later after checking out who all is there (aka not Pierce), my old director finds me.


"Hey, how'd you do that?"


I look at her like she's grown a third eye as I try to jog my memory about what I might have just done.


"Huh?"


"At the entrance, how'd you do that?" She's looking at me as if I'm the social guru of the year.


"Oh, yeah.. I know him. No biggie. I actually know quite a few of the people here. I'm kinda geek." I admit as I am uncomfortable with her whole "omg you've got the hookup" attitude... though I was a little flattered by it. She's the Who's Who of Independant Theatre in Austin, so it was kinda funny getting on her "respect" list for networking.


"Oh wow, I didn't know. I just heard about these things." She says while looking around.


I'm looking around too, but mostly for someone to motion to me and save me from what is bound to me more uncomfortable talking.


I mention to her that I need to go say "Hi" to a few people and wish her a fun evening. Then I fled.


Of course, Pierce was a no-show the entire event. But that didn't mean I wasn't flirting around.


Actually, I wasn't so much flirting around as I was being flirted with. Made my head spin a little. See my little business venture is getting around I think.. or else it's given me some kind of pheromones to attract men.


There was one gentleman I've met like once before. Maybe twice, but pretty sure just once. I honestly don't know his name. He's hot. He's sweet. But not normally what I go for.. so not really on my radar.


But evidently I am on his. Within minutes of him seeing me, he came over and said hello. He then entrapped me into a conversation (it wasn't torturous, pleasant really, but he obviously was not letting me just flit on by). When he was interupted by a friend of his, I turned away to see who else was interesting to talk to..


Thats when I met the hottest guy.


Seriously when I tell you this guy is hot.. I mean hot... but probably not in the way most of you are thinking.


He was well kept. Great hair. Very hot face. Hot upper body. Looked like a relaxed GQ kinda guy. But what made him hot was his communication skills. The guy could talk to you and make you feel like the only woman in the room. He also listened like every word you said was gold. Two sentences in and I already wanted to nasty things to him. Sizzling.


Weirder still.. he's in a wheelchair. Something that normally I'd see, and check off my list of viable. But honestly, it wasn't really noticable. In a crowd of 50 people all standing, where his face had to be butt-high at best, I didn't really notice his chair. I simply saw a hot man. That's how smoking hot this guy is.


There are things more important than superficiality.


By the way, I wasn't the only girl swooning over this guy. He and I got interupted, and I left to find out if my other friends had shown up. Sure enough they had, so I did some chatting. In between conversations though, I'd go and see if hot guy was available for chatting.


He never was. Every time I went to see if he was free, he was fully surrounded by hot women. Seriously surrounded.


*le sigh*

I finished the evening having made a couple new friends, and with a few more hours of flirting under my belt.

... And with a little sadness that I didn't get to spend more time with the hot man.

No comments:

Post a Comment